|The Sixteenth Annual Berkeley Undergraduate Prize for Architectural Design Excellence 2014|
Here are the ground rules:
1) Your Proposal must be for participation in a program, conference, or specific project organized by an academic, institutional, or governmental or non-governmental social organization outside of your school.
2) The purpose of your project is to further your understanding of the social art of architecture by allowing you to study first-hand some aspect of this year's topic -- The Architect and the Healthful Environment -- you have identified in this year’s BERKELEY PRIZE essay submittal.
3) U.S. CITIZENS NOTE: Proposals may not be made to visit or study in countries with adverse travel advisories issued by the United States Department of State. For all students, the BERKELEY PRIZE will not fund travel to countries currently in armed conflict.
4) Travel must occur in the summer of 2014 during your academic institution’s summer break (Northern Hemisphere schools), or in the winter of 2014 (Southern Hemisphere schools).
1) A 1250-word Proposal to include:
(a) A description of the program and a persuasive argument why this program will benefit your education;
(b) An itinerary for the entire period of travel; and
(c) A budget covering all anticipated expenses, including any program fees.
2) Reference to published material regarding the program, preferably a web site address that includes the name of a contact person.
3) A letter of recommendation from a Faculty member in your academic institution who is familiar with your Proposal and who will confirm that your Proposal is suited to your abilities.
4) Prior to receiving any funding, you will be asked to submit a travel Indemnification form provided by the BERKELEY PRIZE and a letter confirming that you are in adequate health to undertake the travel you propose. (NOTE: The BERKELEY PRIZE will pay for a one-time, health insurance policy for the length of your travel.)
1) The BERKELEY PRIZE will provide a fixed stipend of USD3700 for each Travel Fellowship that is awarded.
2) The award is provisional, based upon your ability to provide the BERKELEY PRIZE Committee with the required details and documents related to your Proposal for your travel and study program.
If you are ready to submit your Proposal and Letter of Recommendation, please follow the link above. You may return as many times as you like to modify your Proposal. Please scan your letter of recommendation. These can be uploaded directly to your Application page.
Proposals due any time before 23:59 GMT, March 12, 2013
Additional Help and InformationAre you in need of assistance? Please email email@example.com.